Pilates for Pregnancy covers the fundamentals of Pilates and includes a progressive Pilates programme tailored for each trimester – focusing on pelvic floor and abdominal strength, posture and health & fitness. Anya Hayes’ insightful exercise guide will help you conquer the physical and mental stresses of pregnancy and improve your pregnancy health, mood and energy.
This is a straight talking, woman-to-woman pregnancy fitness guide with a difference.
· how to optimize the position of your baby for a better birth experience;
· how to avoid succumbing to the ‘pregnancy waddle’ and protect your back as your bump grows;
· how to deal with second pregnancy posture while knackered and running after/constantly lifting a toddler;
· how to minimize the trials of pregnancy on your abdominals, pelvic floor and mind;
· how to get into the right mindset for a positive labour, and release tension postnatally;
· exactly what cardio exercise is safe and beneficial to you and your bump, and what you should avoid.